Webster Mechanical Engineering (WME) provides forensic consulting services in the areas of boiler and pressure vessel construction, installation, operation, maintenance, and inspection. WME provides on-site examinations of boiler and pressure vessels involved in property loss and personal injury matters to determine the condition of the boiler or pressure vessel, document the construction and installation of the vessel, document the vessel’s operating history, and evaluate the quality of the maintenance and inspection programs. WME conducts laboratory examinations of boiler and pressure vessel components to determine the cause or the conditions contributing to the incident. The examinations and evaluations of boilers, pressure vessels, and the connected appurtenances are made in accordance with:
- National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspection Code
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes
- ASME CSD-1 Control and Safety Devices for Automatically Fired Boilers Code
- National Fire Protection Association NFPA 85-Boiler and Combustion Hazard Code
- State and local jurisdiction boiler and pressure vessel codes
Our principle engineer’s professional experience includes tenure as a Special Inspector, where he conducted jurisdictional certificate inspections on boilers and pressure vessels ranging in size from small hot water heating boilers to large industrial power boilers. His field experience provides a unique perspective on losses involving boilers and pressure vessels.